We are committed to keeping you safe and on the road.
Our stores are modifying in-store experiences to minimize contact and social distance.
Please call your local CARSTAR for information on our enhanced safety measures.
The Disassembly Technician is responsible for disassembling, inspecting and assessing vehicles for additional or hidden damage. This includes removing all damaged parts and writing a detailed list of supplemental damage found and reporting it to the assigned Estimator. Additional duties include light auto body repairs.
• Follow CARSTAR’s blueprinting process and disassembly procedures (DFR) for all vehicle inspections.
• Disassemble vehicles after the initial estimate, inspect all vehicles for internal structure and parts from the initial inspection (estimate) and identify additional damage.
• Document and record additional damage and required parts on a damage report (including blend panels, small parts, on-time use fasteners and moldings, etc.).
• Notify the Production Manager / Estimator regarding supplements based on additional damage/parts discovered.
• Assist the Metal Technician with reassembly upon completion of the repair, as needed.
• Perform light non-structural repairs – light finishing, sanding, minor bumper repairs, etc.
• Reassemble vehicle – replace final moldings, trim and detail pieces.
• Perform assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner that does not expose yourself or other employees to unnecessary risk of injury.
• Attend daily release meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma required, collision vocational graduate preferred.
• Prior knowledge of blueprinting or disassembly experience preferred.
• I-CAR, ASE training or other industry training preferred.
• Prior experience with hand tools used for vehicle disassembly.
• Ability to working independently without close supervision.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Essential physical requirements include:
• Ability to stoop, bend and kneel, push and pull
• Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs)
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise
*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location
10 N Sycamore Street
Newtown, PA 18940
CENTER HOURS: CLOSED NOW
M-F: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM