Parts Manager CARSTAR Alan Conner Collision Center, VA 23238
The Parts Manager is responsible for assisting Metal Technicians and Estimators with parts procurement for repairs of damaged vehicles. Responsibilities include ordering parts, checking-in received parts, delivering parts, and/or picking-up parts from suppliers/vendors, returning parts and ensuring all parts are tracked in CARSTAR’s management system.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for all parts purchases/orders, handling of parts, sublet and materials if applicable, and using the Repair Centers procedures and CCC One for ordering, receiving, storing, dispensing and documenting all part orders.
• Responsible for inspecting each part received for accuracy, proper pricing and damage. Including mirror matching to old part.
• Responsible for storing all received parts with proper repair orders and/or ensure correct parts are issued to proper technicians.
• Assist estimators with acquiring the required and correct parts for any work in process.
• Manage overall parts-returns to less than 20%. Return incorrect and defective parts and reorders for credit to the appropriate suppliers and document promptly in CARSTAR’s management system.
• Upon completion of vehicle repair return unnecessary parts for credit and document.
• Help with general maintenance of the facility, e.g., cleanliness, organization, etc.
• Perform assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner that does not expose yourself or other employees to unnecessary risk of injury.
• Attend daily release meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• 3+ years experience handling parts in an auto body collision facility (or similar parts business).
• High School diploma required, collision vocational graduate preferred.
• I-CAR training and/or ASE certification preferred.
• Experience utilizing a computer for parts entry and linking of parts numbers in a management system.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to working independently without close supervision.
• Highly organized and able to work in a team environment.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Essential physical requirements include:
• Ability to stoop, bend and kneel, squat, kneel and pulling
• Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping
• Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs)
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise
*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location