Production Manager CARSTAR Windfern Collision, TX 77064
The Production Manager is responsible for assigning repair work to technicians and managing the production of workflow to complete vehicle repairs within expected target dates. Ensures safety of repairs that achieves CARSTAR’s productivity, profitability, and quality standards. Manages production employees and helps drive continuous improvements in the production process.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for achieving production and maintenance goals of daily and weekly repair activities following EDGE Performance.
• Provide direction to all production employees to ensure repair orders are processed according to each repair plan and adjust as needed throughout the day.
• Responsible for maintaining productivity levels to achieve a cycle time of 7.0 days (minimum).
• Ensure all vehicles are disassembled for repair and report additional damage to the general manager and estimators.
• Maintain all repair order information in the CARSTAR management system to reflect vehicle status.
• Manage individual performance of all production employees and coach/train as appropriate.
• Conduct regular meetings with production employees to review daily/monthly goals and repair order status during daily release meetings.
• Ensure work areas (bays, paint, details, parts, etc.) are kept clean and orderly and all employees follow safety/OSHA/EPA guidelines.
• Inspects all vehicle repairs for quality control prior to customer delivery.
• Attend and provide production status updates during daily release meetings.
• Perform assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner that does not expose yourself or other employees to unnecessary risk of injury.
• Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
•4-5 years of prior auto body collision repair experience. Advanced understanding and knowledge of operations, and repair process/procedures. Proven experience managing employees in a high performing manufacturing environment, collision industry preferred.
• High School diploma/GED required, associate’s degree preferred.
• I-CAR certification, ASE training preferred.
• Ability to be analytical, multi-task and problem solve.
• Highly organized, able to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
• Proficient computer skills and prior estimating software experience required.
• Ability to receive direction and work well with others.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Essential physical requirements include:
• Ability to stoop, bend and kneel, squat, kneel and pulling
• Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping
• Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs)
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise
*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location