Metal Technician City CARSTAR, WI 53548
The metal Technician is responsible for making repairs to all assigned vehicles, restoring them to pre-accident condition in accordance with industry standards and factory specifications.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Repair damaged vehicles using technical information sheets following APS (Advanced Process Solutions) in accordance with repair orders (RO).
• Makes “repair or replace” decisions concerning safety, costs and cycle time.
• Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window operating equipment and trim to gain access to vehicle and fenders.
• Perform structural or replacement repairs, airbag replacement and some mechanical work.
• Perform different types of sheet metal welding and metal finishing.
• File, grind, and sand repaired surfaces using power tools and hand tools.
• Work and communicate with Production Manager and Estimators on the vehicle repair status (including supplements).
• Meets or exceeds CARSTAR’s requirements for tech efficiency, cycle time (to keep vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery) and return rate.
• Utilize all required safety equipment, follows proper repair procedures and adheres to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal.
• Keeps personal work area organized and clean, returns tools and maintains parts/materials carts in an organized manner.
• Follow CARSTAR’s quality control processes and inspections.
• Perform assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner that does not expose yourself or other employees to unnecessary risk of injury.
• Attend daily release meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• 2-5 years of auto body collision repair experience required.
• High School diploma/GED required, collision tech graduate preferred.
• I-CAR certification or ASE training required.
• I-CAR welding and ASE Structural (B4) certification strongly preferred.
• Experience using frame and measuring equipment.
• History of working independently and in a team environment.
• Highly organized, able to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
• Must provide own tools (in working order)
Essential physical requirements include:
• Ability to stoop, bend and kneel, squat, kneel and pulling
• Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to complete or inspect repairs.
• Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 80lbs)
• Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment.
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise
*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location