The Paint Prepper is responsible for preparing repaired vehicles for refinishing and assisting Paint Technicians’ with their work. Duties include sanding, masking, priming vehicle parts and keeping Paint Technicians aware of work progress. Must adhere to safety/OSHA guidelines and use required safety protection.
• Assist Paint Technician by preparing vehicles and parts for painting using proper techniques, equipment and materials.
• Remove grease, dirt, paint, or rust from vehicle surfaces in preparation for paint application.
• Apply paper and masking tape to protect non-painted surfaces (windows, bumpers, trim, etc.).
• May assist Paint Technician with blending as needed.
• Works with paint team to keep all vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery.
• Maintain all tools and equipment, keep workspace clean and organized.
• Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers and power equipment.
• Ensure paint area (prep station, paint booth, etc.) and paint mix/storage rooms are clean and all refinish products are stored as directed.
• May help with general maintenance of paint booths.
• Help with reassembly of vehicle – replace final moldings, trim and detail pieces.
• Utilize all required safety equipment and follow proper refinishing procedures in compliance with OSHA and CARSTAR safety guidelines. Wear and use required safety equipment (respirator, eye and skin protectors), handle and dispose of hazardous waste properly.
• Attend daily release meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Prior automotive painting and refinishing process experience required.
• Prior paint-prep experience preferred – sanding, masking, prepping and blending.
• High School diploma/GED preferred. Collision tech graduate preferred.
• I-CAR or ASE refinishing certification preferred.
• Knowledge of auto manufacturers’ repair/refinishing processes.
• Ability to receive direction and work well with others.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Essential physical requirements include:
• Ability to stoop, bend and kneel, squat, kneel and pulling
• Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping
• Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs)
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Visual acuity for color matching
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise
*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location
9412 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19115
CENTER HOURS: CLOSED NOW
M-F: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Sat: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM