The Mechanical Technician is responsible for diagnosing and repairing mechanical and electrical damage of vehicles while ensuring safety and quality to ensure timely delivery of repaired vehicles. Additional responsibilities include performing light-heavy maintenance and service work.
• Analyze and evaluate damaged vehicles to determine repair or service needs and replacement of parts.
• Accurately estimate costs for repairs, maintenance and service required.
• Perform advanced, basic and minor repairs as required – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, engine and transmission, fuel ignition, electrical, suspension and alignment, restraints and airbags, air conditioning and computer systems.
• Perform service and repairs following manufacturers’ manuals.
• Document all repair/service information in CARSTAR’s management system.
• Inspects and tests all mechanical repairs to meet manufacturers' specifications. Road tests vehicles when required.
• Communicate with production team to keep all vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery.
• Ensure work area is kept clean, maintain all tools/equipment, follow safety/OSHA guidelines and handle and dispose of hazardous waste properly.
• Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive repair technology.
• Attend daily release meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2-5 years of automobile automotive mechanical/electrical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience in related industry required.
• High School diploma/GED required, auto mechanic tech graduate preferred.
• ASE certification or equivalent required. I-CAR training preferred.
• Experience diagnosing problems – mechanical, repairing, rebuilding and overhauling mechanical, electrical, electronic and/or hydraulic systems in a wide variety of automotive vehicle, including hybrid vehicles.
• Knowledge using manufacturers’ service and repair manuals.
• Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple concurrent assignments.
• Ability to receive direction and work well with others.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Essential physical requirements include:
• Ability to stoop, bend and kneel, squat, kneel and pulling
• Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping
• Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs)
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise
*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location
1360 Rt 14
Columbiana, OH 44408
CENTER HOURS: CLOSED NOW
M-F: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM