We are committed to keeping you safe and on the road.
Our stores are modifying in-store experiences to minimize contact and social distance.
Please call your local CARSTAR for information on our enhanced safety measures.
The Metal Technician Assistant is responsible for assisting in repairs for all assigned vehicles, restoring them to pre-accident condition in accordance with industry standards and factory specifications.
• Assist Metal Technicians in assessing structural damage to vehicles
• Assists in repair versus replace decisions considering safety, cost and cycle time.
• Help remove and install – upholstery, panels, bumpers, fenders, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window operating equipment and trim.
• Performs minor structural or replacement repairs.
• R&I components as needed.
• Utilize all required safety equipment and follows proper repair procedures and adheres to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal.
• Keeps personal work area organized and clean, returns tools and maintains parts/materials carts in an organized manner.
• Perform assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner that does not expose yourself or other employees to unnecessary risk of injury.
• Attend daily release meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 1-3 years of auto body collision repair experience, or equivalent required.
• High School diploma and vocational technical education preferred.
• I-CAR certification preferred.
• Reliable work history.
• Strong attention to details.
• Ability to receive direction and work well with others.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Essential physical requirements include:
• Ability to stoop, bend and kneel, squat, kneel and pulling
• Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to complete or inspect repairs.
• Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 80lbs)
• Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment.
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise
*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location
1631 Old Airport Road
West Plains, MO 65775
CENTER HOURS: CLOSED NOW
M-F: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM