We are committed to keeping you safe and on the road.
Our stores are modifying in-store experiences to minimize contact and social distance.
Please call your local CARSTAR for information on our enhanced safety measures.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for establishing exceptional customers relationships and capturing customer sales (in-person and over the phone). Additional duties include – gathering prospect information needed to obtain the sale, providing general administrative support and maintaining the customer reception area / front office.
• Greets all walk-in customers in a professional and courteous manner.
• Answer and directs all phone traffic in a polite, courteous and cheerful manner.
• Asks for the sale and/or attempts to schedule customers for an estimate to achieve a closing ratio of 75% (minimum).
• Explain CARSTAR’s repair process, including insurance claims processing, payment procedures, repair techniques, repair needs and expected delivery date of repair.
• Educate customers on CARSTAR’s CSI/NPS survey (kept informed, customer service, quality of repair and on-time delivery).
• Schedule and record appraisal and delivery appointments.
• Update and maintain the store scheduler with Office Manager.
• Collect and record payment for completed repairs; may perform some A/R.
• File repair order paperwork accurately or record in CARSTAR management system.
• Provide customers with CARSTAR’s warranty information (5-Year and Limited Lifetime).
• Perform follow-up sales calls on estimate quotes (unsold) within 48 hours.
• Maintain the front office and customer reception areas.
• Attend daily release meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2+ years of customer service experience required, preferably in a retail setting.
• HS diploma or GED equivalent required; college degree preferred.
• Excellent customer service, communication and negotiation skills. Able to relate well to a diverse customer base.
• Call center sales experience (or equivalent sales experience) preferred.
• Highly organized; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and POS/management systems.
• Strong attention to details.
• Punctual and professional appearance.
• Ability to receive direction and work well with others.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Essential physical requirements include:
• Ability to stoop, bend and kneel, squat, kneel and pulling
• Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping
• Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs)
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise
*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location
431 N Main
Columbia, IL 62236
CENTER HOURS: CLOSED NOW
M-F: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM