The Estimator is responsible for greeting customers, providing accurate automotive repair estimates in a DRP environment and asking for the sale. In addition, the appraiser must handle communications with insurance adjusters and customers throughout the repair process effectively and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Greet customers promptly and in a timely manner to accurately determine customer’s needs while ensuring a high degree of customer service.
• Inspects, analyzes, and evaluates damaged vehicles to create a comprehensive and accurate estimate of repair.
• Informs customers about CARSTAR’s repair process, including insurance claims processing, payment procedures, repair techniques, repair needs and expected delivery date of repair.
• Asks for the sale and/or attempts to schedule customers for an estimate to achieve a closing ratio of 75% (minimum) for all assigned work.
• Responsible for achieving 81% (minimum) CSI/NPS (customer service, kept informed, quality of service and on-time delivery).
• Responsible for maintaining positive relationships with insurance agents, dealerships, fleet accounts and other customers.
• Keeps insurance adjusters, production staff and customers informed regarding the status of the vehicle repair. Write supplements and negotiates with insurer.
• Responsible for keeping all assigned Repair Order (RO) current and accurate throughout the repair process.
• Inspects all completed repairs before delivering customer vehicles, explains CARSTAR’s warranty and Quality Control process with all customers.
• Attend daily release meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1-3 years prior experience as a collision estimator or insurance appraiser.
• Prior damage analysis experience – hybrid vehicles, restraint systems, electrical systems, and identifying hail, theft and vandalism damage.
• Experience with collision management systems (ABSe, Mitchell Repair Center).
• Fluent using ADP, Mitchell or CCC-1 estimating software.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• I-CAR training or other industry training preferred.
• History of working independently without close supervision.
• Strong sales and negotiation skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Essential physical requirements include:
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise
*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location
5840 S. Watt Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95829
CENTER HOURS: OPEN NOW
M-F: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM