NEW DISCOUNTS, SAFE DRIVING PRACTICES MAY SAVE YOU MONEY ON YOUR CAR INSURANCE
CARSTAR North America Offers Tips to Ensure You Have the Best Coverage for Your Car
CHARLOTTE (January 5, 2018) – For many people, the start of a NewYear brings resolutions, including how to save more money in the year ahead. One smart resolution is a review of your car insurance policy. New discounts, options for smart driving practices and an accurate reflection of your car’s value can save you hundreds annually.
CARSTAR North America, which handles more insurance-related collision repair work than any other body shop network in North America, offers a few tips to help ensure your auto insurance premium dollars are spent in the most effective manner possible. In all cases, check with your insurance agent or carrier to see what is offered in your state.
Here are several discounts to explore:
- Clean Driving Record: If you have a clean driving record with no accidents and no violations in the last three years, you should qualify for a significant “safe driver” discount. If you don’t see a discount of this type on your declarations page that comes with your renewal, check with your agent or insurance provider.
- Low Mileage: Pay-as-you-drive insurance is an innovative way for the infrequent driver with an accident-free history to save money. Many insurance companies offer discount for drivers whose mileage falls under a certain amount. The less you drive, the more you can save!
- In-Car Technology: Good driving habits can also turn into money savings with user-based insurance. Many carriers offer technology tools that customers hook into the diagnostic port in their car or information gathered from systems like OnStar. The tool pulls data from the car’s computer system and sends it to the company via a cellular network. The tool tracks the time of day the car is driven, the miles, the acceleration and braking. One carrier even tracks the number of times the driver exceeds 80 mph. After a short trial period customers can qualify for an initial discount based on good driving habits. After a longer period of tracking, (usually six months) the policyholder can qualify for even higher discounts based on their driving data. The average discount with one top carrier ranges between 10 to 15 percent.
- Military: Many insurance carriers offer discounts for members of the armed forces.
- Bundling: If your auto and homeowner policies are with the same insurance company you probably qualify for another type of discount.
- Good Student: If you have young drivers on your policy who are good students, usually a B average or higher, you may qualify for additional discounts. There are also discounts available for participating in safe driving programs.
- Safety Equipment: If your current vehicles have special accident avoidance systems like rear-view cameras, airbags, collision-warning systems, anti-locking brakes and an anti-theft protection device, you may qualify for additional discounts.
- Green Vehicles: If you own a car that is a hybrid or takes alternative fuel, it may garner additional savings with your insurance provider.
- High Deductible: Changing the amount of your collision and or comprehensive deductibles can also be an option to control your premium costs. Selecting a higher deductible for either coverage will lower your premium. But it’s important to understand this move will increase your financial exposure should an accident occur.
- Billing: Many companies offer discounts on items like paperless billing, paying your entire premium in one payment and customer loyalty.
A final tip to every driver would be to make sure you have a “what if I have an accident kit” in your glove box. This kit should contain a pencil, a pad of paper to write down accidents details and witness contact information, your agent’s contact information, your current insurance card and emergency contact information with names and numbers of people identified as the people to call in case you’re injured. Always take photos of the accident scene, vehicle license plates and drivers’ information with your phone for your records.
“Making your car insurance resolutions at the beginning of the year can deliver savings all year long,” said Arlo Johnson, Vice President of Insurance Relations for CARSTAR. “And, you can rest assured that you have the best coverage for your vehicle and family.”
CARSTAR Auto Body Repair Experts– a part of the Driven Brands, Inc. family of automotive aftermarket franchise brands — is North America’s largest Multi-Shop Operator Network of independently owned collision repair facilities with more than 500 locations in 32 states and 10 Canadian provinces. CARSTAR delivers national scale, consistently high-quality vehicle repairs, repeatable outcomes and the industry’s highest customer satisfaction ratings; all repairs are backed by a national warranty and service guarantee. CARSTAR was named the No. 1 largest MSO in North America by The Romans Group LLC, named 470 on Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500® list and ranked 106th on Franchise Times® annual Top 200™ listing of the largest franchise systems in North America. For more information visit www.carstar.com and follow us on Facebook and twitter. CARSTAR is actively seeking new franchisees. Interested parties should contact 888.505.6815.
CARSTAR Franchise Systems, Inc. is committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of content and features on its website, including this blog. While CARSTAR Franchise Systems, Inc. has undertaken efforts to improve the accessibility of this blog, content is frequently posted and some content may be posted by third-parties, not CARSTAR Franchise Systems, Inc., and so may not be accessible to certain users. If you have questions or concerns regarding the accessibility of this blog, please contact us via the contact section of our Accessibility Statement here.