The Paint Technician is responsible for refinishing all assigned vehicles using CARSTAR’s SOPs, in accordance with each written repair order to ensure timely delivery of repaired vehicles. Duties include final sanding, masking, color mixing and tinting, spray booth operations, applying primers, sealers and clear coat and blending. Must adhere to safety/OSHA guidelines and use required safety protection.
• Prioritize daily workload to keep all vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery.
• Performs all refinish procedures according to factory specifications.
• Mix paints to match color specifications or vehicles' original colors using color charts, stir and thin the paints.
• Follows OEM standards for blending formulas, top coat application and curing.
• Sand, mask, clean, and prime vehicles prior to painting.
• Works with paint team to keep all vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery.
• Maintain all tools and equipment, keep workspace clean and organized and perform routine maintenance for paint booth and booth filters.
• Utilize all required safety equipment and follow proper refinishing procedures in compliance with OSHA and CARSTAR safety guidelines. Wear and use required safety equipment (respirator, eye and skin protectors), handle and dispose of hazardous waste properly.
• Manage, order, and inventory paint and refinish supplies to meet production needs.
• Maintain acceptable cost per paint labor hour.
• Attend daily release meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2-5 years automotive painting and refinishing experience required.
• Prior refinish experience – sanding, masking, prepping, blending, top coat applications for refinishing vehicles to automotive specification standards.
• Automotive paint color matching experience and ability to follow technical support data to meet OEM color match.
• High School diploma/GED required, collision tech graduate preferred.
• I-CAR Gold or ASE refinishing certification required.
• Knowledge of auto manufacturers’ repair/refinishing processes.
• Experience using waterborne basecoat systems preferred.
• History of working independently and in a team environment.
• Highly organized, detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Essential physical requirements include:
• Ability to stoop, bend and kneel, squat, kneel and pulling
• Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping
• Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs)
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Visual acuity for color matching
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise
*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location
9412 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19115
CENTER HOURS: CLOSED NOW
M-F: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Sat: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM