Parts Manager Trenton CARSTAR, NJ 8610
The Parts Manager is responsible for assisting Metal Technicians and Estimators with parts procurement for repairs of damaged vehicles. Responsibilities include ordering parts, checking-in received parts, delivering parts, and/or picking-up parts from suppliers/vendors, returning parts and ensuring all parts are tracked in CARSTAR’s management system.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for all parts purchases/orders, handling of parts, sublet and materials if applicable, and using the Repair Centers procedures and CCC One for ordering, receiving, storing, dispensing and documenting all part orders.
• Responsible for inspecting each part received for accuracy, proper pricing and damage. Including mirror matching to old part.
• Responsible for storing all received parts with proper repair orders and/or ensure correct parts are issued to proper technicians.
• Assist estimators with acquiring the required and correct parts for any work in process.
• Manage overall parts-returns to less than 20%. Return incorrect and defective parts and reorders for credit to the appropriate suppliers and document promptly in CARSTAR’s management system.
• Upon completion of vehicle repair return unnecessary parts for credit and document.
• Help with general maintenance of the facility, e.g., cleanliness, organization, etc.
• Perform assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner that does not expose yourself or other employees to unnecessary risk of injury.
• Attend daily release meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• 3+ years experience handling parts in an auto body collision facility (or similar parts business).
• High School diploma required, collision vocational graduate preferred.
• I-CAR training and/or ASE certification preferred.
• Experience utilizing a computer for parts entry and linking of parts numbers in a management system.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to working independently without close supervision.
• Highly organized and able to work in a team environment.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Essential physical requirements include:
• Ability to stoop, bend and kneel, squat, kneel and pulling
• Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping
• Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs)
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise
*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location