The Metal Technician Assistant is responsible for assisting in repairs for all assigned vehicles, restoring them to pre-accident condition in accordance with industry standards and factory specifications.
• Assist Metal Technicians in assessing structural damage to vehicles
• Assists in repair versus replace decisions considering safety, cost and cycle time.
• Help remove and install – upholstery, panels, bumpers, fenders, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window operating equipment and trim.
• Performs minor structural or replacement repairs.
• R&I components as needed.
• Utilize all required safety equipment and follows proper repair procedures and adheres to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal.
• Keeps personal work area organized and clean, returns tools and maintains parts/materials carts in an organized manner.
• Perform assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner that does not expose yourself or other employees to unnecessary risk of injury.
• Attend daily release meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 1-3 years of auto body collision repair experience, or equivalent required.
• High School diploma and vocational technical education preferred.
• I-CAR certification preferred.
• Reliable work history.
• Strong attention to details.
• Ability to receive direction and work well with others.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Essential physical requirements include:
• Ability to stoop, bend and kneel, squat, kneel and pulling
• Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to complete or inspect repairs.
• Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 80lbs)
• Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment.
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise
*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location
1505 Jungerman Rd
St Peters, MO 63376
CENTER HOURS: CLOSED NOW
M-F: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM