We are committed to keeping you safe and on the road.
Our stores are modifying in-store experiences to minimize contact and social distance.
Please call your local CARSTAR for information on our enhanced safety measures.
The metal Technician is responsible for making repairs to all assigned vehicles, restoring them to pre-accident condition in accordance with industry standards and factory specifications.
• Repair damaged vehicles using technical information sheets following APS (Advanced Process Solutions) in accordance with repair orders (RO).
• Makes “repair or replace” decisions concerning safety, costs and cycle time.
• Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window operating equipment and trim to gain access to vehicle and fenders.
• Perform structural or replacement repairs, airbag replacement and some mechanical work.
• Perform different types of sheet metal welding and metal finishing.
• File, grind, and sand repaired surfaces using power tools and hand tools.
• Work and communicate with Production Manager and Estimators on the vehicle repair status (including supplements).
• Meets or exceeds CARSTAR’s requirements for tech efficiency, cycle time (to keep vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery) and return rate.
• Utilize all required safety equipment, follows proper repair procedures and adheres to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal.
• Keeps personal work area organized and clean, returns tools and maintains parts/materials carts in an organized manner.
• Follow CARSTAR’s quality control processes and inspections.
• Perform assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner that does not expose yourself or other employees to unnecessary risk of injury.
• Attend daily release meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2-5 years of auto body collision repair experience required.
• High School diploma/GED required, collision tech graduate preferred.
• I-CAR certification or ASE training required.
• I-CAR welding and ASE Structural (B4) certification strongly preferred.
• Experience using frame and measuring equipment.
• History of working independently and in a team environment.
• Highly organized, able to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
• Must provide own tools (in working order)
Essential physical requirements include:
• Ability to stoop, bend and kneel, squat, kneel and pulling
• Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to complete or inspect repairs.
• Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 80lbs)
• Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment.
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise
*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location
104 W. Main Street
Kearney, MO 64060
CENTER HOURS: CLOSED NOW
M-F: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM